We want to keep the data or the files as more secured in our computer , and we don’t need to worry about the data privacy at the windows. personally, no one don’t like to use any software unless if don’t have any alternative option. Here, in this article I’ll describe a simple technique to make any folder inaccessible and undeletable thus making the contained data private without using any password protection software.
In this article we going to discuss about how to keep our files more protected in the windows without any softwares .
At first, create a folder in some safe location .Name it as private files or confident files. . Keep all important datas in the the files like text files,songs, images,audio, videos or any thing else that you want to make private into that folder., then follow the steps as given below
- Create the new folder in the documents , Inside that folder create the another folder where you are going to upload the important datas you want to keep it secure.
- Just double-click on the folder Open your newly created folder and create a new text file.(right-click anywhere inside the folder -> New -> Text Document).
- Double-click on the text document and paste the following code into it:
title Folder Private
if EXIST “TE Protection” goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Private “TE Protection”
attrib +h +s “TE Protection”
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
if NOT %pass%== PASSWORD_PROTECT goto FAIL
attrib -h -s “TE Protection”
ren “TE Protection” Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Private created successfully
- then replace the PASSWORD_PROTECT text to whatever you’d like your desired password to be. Don’t use an easy-to-guess password.
- Save the text file, create another copy of it and rename the file to “locker.bat”. This will create a batch file which we will be using to protect our folder. Also don’t forget to delete the text file Which contains your password in the text document
- Now click on the batch file and a new folder will appear in the name of “private”. open it and place the files or datas in the folder you want to protect.
- After finishing the procedures, run “locker.bat” again and check whether the files is protected or not. Simply type in Y and press Enter. Now the Private folder will disappears. the file is hidden in the system.
- If you want to open files again, run the batch file again and it will ask for your password. Simply type in the password and open the folder .