In the past article, i’m discussed about how to open the account in the IRCTC. As we discussed in the past article, Most of the Indian population depending on the train transport only. So only all the railway ticket will sell very quickly. Most of the train journey, passangers will book the ticket to place their seat.
They need to wait in the long queue in the ticket counter to reserve the ticket or you have to search for the agent or some agency to book the ticket with extra commission, But there is no need to stand in the long queue. Technology will help you nowadays by reserve the railway from home itself without any agent or agency. And also save your commission amount. Say Good bye to the counters and the queue.
IRCTC ( Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited) is the official website of the railway transportation help you to book the ticket. You can able to book the ticket easily within the few minutes after you created the account with the help of the Debit ATM Card, credit card or Net Banking etc. That is compelsary to reserve the ticket.
Way To Book Railway Ticket online on irctc:
- After creating the account Enter the Username and Password and Click on Login Button. (If you don’t have the account , create it now by )
- You will redirected to page where Plan My Travel tab in the left side of the page.
- Enter your source and destination city name where you are staring from and reaching to
- Select Your date of traveling. (You can Book ticket upto three month from the date of booking)
- Ticket Type will be E-ticket or iTicket
- Select your Quota, there are three option available General (for normal booking), Tatkal(For urgent Booking) and Ladies(for ladies only).
- Then Click on Find Trains Button to search the trains.
3. It will search and list trains according to your city and date.
4. Now You have to chose your train with the various class tickets
- Class 1A(First Ac)
- 2A(Second Ac)3
- A(Third Ac)
- CC(Chair Car)
- Sl(Sleeper Class)
- 2S(Second Sleeper).
5. When you select your option for your Train and Class, It will display the train details and the Available Seats.
6. After you selected the train class, it will Displayed the seat availability.
- Wl (waiting list)
- RAC(Reservation Against Cancellation ) or
- Available (Seat Available).
7. Now Click on Book Button . It will redirect you to Ticket Reservation Form.
8. Now fill this form, you can book ticket for 6 person (in case of general) and 4 person (for tatkal booking) at a time
9. Fill the Name, Age, Sex and Berth Preference of Traveler. There are some discounts for the senior citizens and for children (you must have valid id card for this). Some discount scheme is there for Senior Citizens.
10. If there is any child passenger (age must be less then 5), you can fill it’s name in child section.
11. Fill the passenger mobile no to receive ticket on your mobile through Sms. You can show this ticket to TC, you did not need to take print out.
12. Now fill the Captcha and tab on the Go button.
13. It will redirect you to Payment Section. Now Click on Make Payment. if you have the correction, replan it.
14. Now Select Your Card Type as your wish in credit / debit/ or Internet banking then Select Your Bank.
15. Then it will redirect you to the Payment Gateway. Fill your card details and tab on Make Payment to complete your process of ticket booking.
16. You will receive a SMS and a mail on your id. you can use print out or the SMS notification.
17. That’s it . The process is completed. Just follow the steps given above to book the ticket.