You can scan a document and convert the text into a format data that you can edit with a word processing program.The process is very simple , here i’m discussed by the two methods by the microsoft office document imaging and by installed programs in the Control Panel
Scan and/or open the document with Paint:
- Go to File > From Scanner or Camera to initiate scanning the page you want to convert to MS Word doc, if necessary.
- Choose the settings that best fit your document and hit Scan. Better option is you can scan it in text, Black and white picture or text
- Go to File > Save or Save As the scanned image in *.gif, *jpeg or whatever format.
- Open the image, click on File/Save As and name it xyz.tiff in the TIFF format
- Then Go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools >“microsoft office document imaging.”
Next click on File>Open and open yout scanned doc that you saved in *.TIFF format
Next you will go to Tools/Send Text to Word, you will receive a prompt starting this process will take time click OK.Depending on your computer it could take a couple mins
- Correct misspellings as necessary.
- When it is done it will open up MS Word on its own, the scanned doc will now be in editable mode.
Find a list of your installed programs in the Control Panel:
There is the another way to scan a document and convert the text into a format data
- Windows 7 or Vista: Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Windows XP: Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Remove a Program.
Select your Microsoft Office edition, it will take time to process then click Change as per Your version of Word might be in a Microsoft Office pack or it might just be called Microsoft Office Word.
- Click Add or Remove Features>then go to Continue.
- Expand Office Tools, then click on Microsoft Office Document Imaging >>Run all from my Computer.
Click Continue, it will take time to configuration to complete.
- Now you can converted the scanned documents to an editable word format